There are Certain vitamins and minerals that have been shown to support the body’s antioxidant defense, which is essential to a healthy immune system. Antioxidants promote cellular health by neutralizing free radicals, which in turn, promotes a well-functioning immune system. Some immune boosting vitamins include:
• Vitamin A. Vitamin A possesses a range of beneficial qualities, and it also supports the body’s antioxidant defense and immune system. The Isotonix Multivitamin, contains 10,000 IU (international units) of Vitamin A.
• B Vitamins. The benefits of B vitamins, specifically those contained in the Acai Advanced Energy and Antioxidant Formula, include immune system support. The Acai Advanced Energy and Antioxidant Formula contains vitamins B5, B6, B12, folic acid, and niacinamide.
• Vitamin C. Vitamin C has been heralded as one of the best immune system supporters and antioxidants available today. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that combats free radicals, which supports the immune system. Vitamin C boosts the immune system by supporting normal immune cell function and overall immune system maintenance. The body does not produce this vitamin on its own, making dietary supplements like Isotonix Vitamin C great for people looking to experience the health benefits of vitamin C. Vitamin C is also found in the Isotonix Multivitamin, Multi-Mineral, Peak Performance Blend, Acai Advanced Energy and Antioxidant Formula, and Maximum ORAC Formula.
• Vitamin D3. Vitamin D3, as found in our Peak Performance Blend, is thought to support immune health by supporting normal immune modulation; it promotes the body’s normal regulation of T-Cell function. Our Multivitamin, Multi-Mineral, and OPC-3® Beauty Blend also contain vitamin D3. Vitamin D also aids in the body’s absorption of calcium, which is another immune-supporting nutrient.
• Vitamin E. Vitamin E is linked to heart health, the enhancement of immune system function, and the support of normal healing. When combined with the benefits of CoQ10, as in our Coenzyme Q10 dietary supplement, vitamin E and CoQ10 have an antioxidant effect. Vitamin E is found in our Multivitamin, Maximum ORAC Formula, and OPC-3 Beauty Blend.
In addition to supporting skeletal health and cardiovascular health, calcium also aids in the maintenance of immune function. Calcium is an essential mineral with a wide range of benefits, and Isotonix Calcium PLUS combines this ingredient with the immune-boosting benefits of vitamin C. Calcium is also contained in our Multivitamin, Multi-Mineral, and OPC-3 Beauty Blend.
Copper is found in the Isotonix® Multivitamin, Multi-Mineral, and Acai Advanced Energy and Antioxidant Formula. It may have some antioxidant properties and supports normal immune function. Copper also supports normal red and white blood cell maturation, and white blood cells are a principal component of the adaptive immune system.
Zinc is an essential trace mineral, and may carry a wide range of health benefits. As found in the Isotonix Multivitamin and Multi-Mineral, zinc may support healing and the immune system, and may assist in cellular repair and energy production.
Iron is a primary component of hemoglobin, the protein in red blood cells that transports oxygen throughout the body. It has been found to help increase oxygen transport, which in turn, supports the immune system. Iron is found in our Multi-Mineral, and another form, Iron Phosphate, is found in the Multivitamin with Iron.
Selenium is an immune supporting nutrient found both in the Isotonix Multivitamin and Multi-Mineral. It supports the antioxidant effect of vitamin E, and as a component of the antioxidant enzyme known as glutathione peroxidase, plays a direct role in the body’s ability to protect against free radicals.